This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Friday, November 30, 2007

So, I'm in Los Angeles for two weeks to go through my storage unit. I'll be selling stuff, donating stuff, throwing stuff away and sending some small amount back to Croatia via sea freight. Only been here for a couple of days and I already remember the loathing. I've always had a love/hate thing with LA. I love driving through the canyons and beautiful parts, of which there are many. But I hate traffic and having to drive vast distances to do anything. And people drive like assholes here.

I love all the multicultural stuff here, food selection and whatnot. But I really dislike most of the people here. My friends are the exception, of course. But SO many people move here from somewhere else to try to break into some sort of media job. And those are usually the worst kind of self centered people who I hate. Fuck those people.

Unless your my friends, of course. In which case I love you.

I miss Zagreb already. Much better than LA.

2 comments:

Declan Shalvey said...

Yeah, i know what you mean, i hate the way back in Quin village in County Clare, people ....uh ......

....i have nothing to compare to. I imagine LA is somewhat different to Quin village.

Still, i can understand how a city full of self-centered folk can grate on a guy. You're right. Fuck 'em.

Dec.

Chip said...

Hey Matt,

If your in town this Wednesday night - that's tomorrow- drop by Meltdown after 7pm. Boom's having it's holiday party. Free beer and all that.

Best,

Chip