This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just a quick blog to show one of our basic dinners here in Gajnice. They have a very nice little fish market here that has fresh fish. We went there recently and bought some sea bass, or "brancin", which looks different than the sea bass in SoCal to me. I always bought fillets in SoCal, but the fish was from a much larger fish there. The one here is just as tasty, though. And undoubtedly far fresher.


A new beer discovery from the local store, Konzum. Sarajevsko is a decent light lager. Nothing fantastic, but drinkable.



The food layout. Fresh bread, tomatoes with garlic, basil and local olive oil for dipping the bread, "mladi luk" or young onion and "rotkvice" or radishes, a spinach dish and potato dish made by Nara.



Simply prepared, just fried in some olive oil with vegeta, a local salt mixture.



A bit browned, but still tasty!


3 comments:

Dom said...

Hey, Hollingsworth. God, I can't believe you're reading this.

I'm a -huge- fan, and I just looked over Iron Fist today. After I read it initially, I kept looking over your colors and I must say I've still not gotten over how great it looks. I'm gonna be starting a webcomic with a friend soon and I'm working out the kinks in my coloring ability.

Nice blog, though, and nice fish! You'll be seeing more o' me!

Matt Hollingsworth said...

Well, thanks for the kind words! Glad you're digging it!

Unknown said...

Yum! Croatian Grandpa used to make the riba the same way..using smelts which were more of a bait fish in the Pacific Northwest back then...but WTF now people pay a fortune for steamed mussels and we used to scrape them off the dock to jig for crab. Simple is best!
AND thanks for the help with the resident visa requirements! Doje ke meni!