This is the blog for Matt Hollingsworth. I'm from Ojai, California. I've worked in comics for 22 years as a color artist.

This blog will largely be used to show my daily life as I live in Samobor, Croatia and as I travel around the region. Lots and lots of photos! Leave me a comment, will you?

All content on this blog is copyright 2013 Matthew Dale Hollingsworth and cannot be copied or used for any purpose without my consent.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I've been into Gypsy music for five or six years, but never really explored it too far. But lately I've found myself using iTunes more to randomly wander around and check out Gypsy and Klezmer music. I like the "people who bought this also checked out these guys" feature, whereby you can wander from band to band and listen to part of their song to see if it's worth buying or not.

With all that in mind, these are the guys I discovered yesterday.

Zagnut Orkestar

When I first heard them I thought they were from the Balkans. They sound partially like that. And their album is called "Sedam Mačaka", which is "Seven Cats" in Croatian. But, upon searching, I found they're from New York. They have elements of Klezmer, Gypsy, Jazz and other music in their songs. It's pretty nice stuff if you like any of that kind of music.

No comments: